Saturday, August 4, 2007

Haven't added to flickr lately

It's kind of a bummer, really.

I spent an afternoon and probably into the night going through the recent downloads from my camera and my husband's. I crop, rotate, etc. to get the shots ready to upload to the flickr albums.

Notice how blotchy the shots of the dragonfly are down a couple posts ago? Well, ijit here forgot I had been using the graphics program to build a small animated movie. I forgot I had changed the save compression to deliberately degrade the image resolution while working on the animation. And I saved those hours of work on the photos at a 61% quality instead of the 100% quality .jpg setting.

Now I need to go back, delete all the edited shots, retrieve the originals and do all the editing all over again. :-b

So ... when I get up the energy to go back through all those photos, I will upload a brand new set of photos to flickr. More herons. More sandhill cranes. More hummingbirds. New bitterns and tricolored herons. Lots of sunflowers and lilies. And the dragonflies.

In the meantime, enjoy a respite here or one of my other blogs for a spell.

No comments: